Skip to main content

Las Vegas 2012~ We arrived

Our trip to Vegas was exactly what we needed...minus the achy legs and feet.  Oh Dear are we out of shape! Definitely on the top of our MUST do NOW list, especially before July when we go to D.C.

We drove to Chicago shortly after 9 am to catch our flight.  We arrived in Las Vegas and checked into our room close to 7 pm then headed out to the strip for a couple of hours.  We did not venture to far our first night. Here are some pictures of the view we had from our room.  I took them the first night.







When we stepped out after dinner, I was in awe of the fake New York Skyline over at New York New York.  I was excited to see this hotel.  I had read so much about it and since New York City is one of the cities I have always wanted to see I definitely wanted to see this hotel.  I loved all the New York City representation this hotel had.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Made of Jelly Belly's
 Picture above and below were taken the next day..

After New York New York, we thought we might take the 'free' Monorail as far as it would take us, so we went over to The Luxor.  We waited for nearly 15 minutes and then the train stopped.  No one left but a few more squeezed in, at that point they were packed in like sardines in a can.  No room to sit, no room to stand.  We chose to pass and decided to head back to our room.  I do not feel it was a wasted 15 minutes; I took these pictures while we waited and I have to say the second picture is my favorite night shot of Vegas.
 

I wanted a picture of our hotel as well.  I loved the way it looked when it had the lights shining on it.  I took a picture of it on our way to New York New York.
 
 
Many Blessings,
Jolene

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wordless Wednesday #2

  Joining blog hop... Wordless Wednesday. Come join the fun by clicking the link. Many Blessings, Jolene 🦋 

Slow Down - Stay A Little Bit

Repost: March 12, 2017 previous blog Now, I look forward to the season of life I am in. Watching my boys becoming responsible young adults/adults. I love the relationship I have with them but I also miss the days they are little from time to time. Life is definitely changing, always changing.  I love my new position at work.  I am finally getting used to the "normal" hours and I will be able to dedicate a couple of nights to my blogging again and reading my favorite bloggers/friends. In the midst of it all, I have seriously became old ... my body aches so much any more.  I am seeing a doctor to assist with the pain.  The end of March and the beginning of April are my worst time of year.  This year I hope I am able to concentrate on the memories and love of my Dad and concentrate on Emily's baby shower for our new little soon grandchildren. I think I am battling some Empty Nest feelings.  My boys are growing up and they reach out to me very little.  NoNo will be graduating

Thankful Thursday ~ Sierra Jo Dominguez

I have been making my plans to complete our yarden next year. Yes, that was a "y" in place of a "g".  I follow Sierra Jo Dominguez on Instagram. She is another person who saved me. I love following her. She is a beautiful soul. She has fake cooking shows, backyard gardening, home repair and remodeling, she shares her life, and her new passion for pottery. She is a Christian as well and just like Tia Bee Stokes, she is real and spreads positive message. Sierra shared how she was creating a yarden and she inspired me not only to increase my Butterfly Garden but rebuild the backyard to our yarden last Summer, I will later post about the beginning of the yarden. I am excited to see her yarden but it has been placed on hold because growing a pottery business takes a lot of time when she is also a Mama of seven children, two of then are toddlers. She is homes schooling the children.  Our kitten, Bella even loves Sierra Jo Dominguez.  This was her small box of Joy. I bough