Skip to main content

Vacation 2009 ~ Minnesota

OUR FAVORITE FAMILY VACATION~~2009 My boys and I really didn't vacation that often before moving in with the Mister. Their Father and I took Matchu to the Omaha Zoo once and then we took all 4 boys to Minneapolis/St Paul for one weekend when Nono was 18 months. We did some tent camping the Summer before I left their Father. That was about the extent of our vacationing while married the entire 15 years. We just never budgeted or couldn't budget for a vacation. I told myself after I left with the boys, that I would try to at least go camping every Summer, I wanted to create those fun Summer memories. Since living with the Mister we have been to the Wisconsin Dells, camping at Back Bone Park, Chicago, Chicago Six Flags 2 times, Milwaukee, and this year we rented a house off of a lake for a week in Minnesota. 

The back of the house we rented for the week. Ours is the house on the left side of the picture.

Some of our children on our pier, right after we arrived at the house. Our Scenery Pictures taken from our backyard or off our deck.The kids did a lot of this. They lived on the water that week.We rented a pontoon boat and went tubing on a lake in town. Actually, other than one night when the Mister and I went to dinner on our anniversary, this pontoon boat ride was the only time we left our lake house.We played games.Even more tubing The neighbor took us out and we went tubing on our lake.We did some fishing.Pictures of some wild life on the lake. Blue Heron at the end of our pier after we woke up the first morning of our vaction.Sea GullWoodpecker off our pierNot so wild life, this was our neighbor's cat.LoonesA family of ducksStorkOn our way home we stopped at the Minnesota Zoo and enjoyed the day there.

Many Blessings,

Jolene

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wordless Wednesday #2

  Joining blog hop... Wordless Wednesday. Come join the fun by clicking the link. Many Blessings, Jolene 🦋 

Thankful Thursday ~ Sierra Jo Dominguez

I have been making my plans to complete our yarden next year. Yes, that was a "y" in place of a "g".  I follow Sierra Jo Dominguez on Instagram. She is another person who saved me. I love following her. She is a beautiful soul. She has fake cooking shows, backyard gardening, home repair and remodeling, she shares her life, and her new passion for pottery. She is a Christian as well and just like Tia Bee Stokes, she is real and spreads positive message. Sierra shared how she was creating a yarden and she inspired me not only to increase my Butterfly Garden but rebuild the backyard to our yarden last Summer, I will later post about the beginning of the yarden. I am excited to see her yarden but it has been placed on hold because growing a pottery business takes a lot of time when she is also a Mama of seven children, two of then are toddlers. She is homes schooling the children.  Our kitten, Bella even loves Sierra Jo Dominguez.  This was her small box of Joy. I bough

Slow Down - Stay A Little Bit

Repost: March 12, 2017 previous blog Now, I look forward to the season of life I am in. Watching my boys becoming responsible young adults/adults. I love the relationship I have with them but I also miss the days they are little from time to time. Life is definitely changing, always changing.  I love my new position at work.  I am finally getting used to the "normal" hours and I will be able to dedicate a couple of nights to my blogging again and reading my favorite bloggers/friends. In the midst of it all, I have seriously became old ... my body aches so much any more.  I am seeing a doctor to assist with the pain.  The end of March and the beginning of April are my worst time of year.  This year I hope I am able to concentrate on the memories and love of my Dad and concentrate on Emily's baby shower for our new little soon grandchildren. I think I am battling some Empty Nest feelings.  My boys are growing up and they reach out to me very little.  NoNo will be graduating