Skip to main content

Pockets of Happiness ~ Christmas 2020

Merry Christmas to All! We celebrated with our children and grandchildren yesterday. Our parents we will not be spending Christmas with this year due to COVID-19. My son Doshie is in Iowa but is spending Christmas Eve and Christmas with McK's side of the family. To be honest that is exactly where they belong. Her Mom is having a hard time after losing her Mother, McK's  Grandma. The two of them will be here for my birthday. Eaterman's and Floral's (his girlfriend) original plans were to be in Mexico but COVID canceled the so plans were to spend with us, however that changed as well. Floral found out on her way out from work one of her co-workers tested positive and she worked with her 6 days prior so we are playing it safe and they will self isolate for an additional 5 days.

We decorated the house and I baked Christmas goodies.

Boof, KamTron and the children came down and Matchu came over. We haven't seen any of them for over a month. The girls shrieked with excitement of the living room. Everyone living in our home was here as well except NoNo. He did spend some time before he had go to work and came home after everyone left. He understood and told us to go ahead without him because he knew the kids would be to excited. I am so proud how much NoNo has matured this year.

Watching all of our grandchildren open their gifts was exciting for the Mister and I. I received a nice gift KamTron offered to help with our dinner and made the chili and Matchu took over with the Oyster stew. We also received a wonderful gift Boof made, it was a pillow with a beautiful message of love from our grandchildren. The boys got me a beautiful cross necklace. My husband got me a cricut joy machine as new pots and pans I wanted.

I hope you had a Merry Christmas too!

Many Blessings,

Jolene 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wordless Wednesday #2

  Joining blog hop... Wordless Wednesday. Come join the fun by clicking the link. Many Blessings, Jolene 🦋 

Thankful Thursday ~ Sierra Jo Dominguez

I have been making my plans to complete our yarden next year. Yes, that was a "y" in place of a "g".  I follow Sierra Jo Dominguez on Instagram. She is another person who saved me. I love following her. She is a beautiful soul. She has fake cooking shows, backyard gardening, home repair and remodeling, she shares her life, and her new passion for pottery. She is a Christian as well and just like Tia Bee Stokes, she is real and spreads positive message. Sierra shared how she was creating a yarden and she inspired me not only to increase my Butterfly Garden but rebuild the backyard to our yarden last Summer, I will later post about the beginning of the yarden. I am excited to see her yarden but it has been placed on hold because growing a pottery business takes a lot of time when she is also a Mama of seven children, two of then are toddlers. She is homes schooling the children.  Our kitten, Bella even loves Sierra Jo Dominguez.  This was her small box of Joy. I bough

Slow Down - Stay A Little Bit

Repost: March 12, 2017 previous blog Now, I look forward to the season of life I am in. Watching my boys becoming responsible young adults/adults. I love the relationship I have with them but I also miss the days they are little from time to time. Life is definitely changing, always changing.  I love my new position at work.  I am finally getting used to the "normal" hours and I will be able to dedicate a couple of nights to my blogging again and reading my favorite bloggers/friends. In the midst of it all, I have seriously became old ... my body aches so much any more.  I am seeing a doctor to assist with the pain.  The end of March and the beginning of April are my worst time of year.  This year I hope I am able to concentrate on the memories and love of my Dad and concentrate on Emily's baby shower for our new little soon grandchildren. I think I am battling some Empty Nest feelings.  My boys are growing up and they reach out to me very little.  NoNo will be graduating